Workshop Field Trips
Join me for a hands-on workshop in the field, as we work together to advance your technical skill, expand your artistic vision, and progress forward as a professional photographer. Workshop field trips and tours involve a preliminary meeting (either in person or via Skype) with Scott, leading up to a single-day or multi-day adventure in the field, including those destinations listed below.
- Mount Baker Sunset Workshop - COMING SOON
- Olympic Peninsula Workshop - COMING SOON
If the workshop you are interested in is full or is not currently listed, please contact me to be added to our wait list.
In addition to the above photo workshop tours, I also offer one-on-one and small group private workshops, tailored to the particular needs and wants of the photographer or photographers in question. Each workshop involves an in-depth discussion of the photographer’s background, experience, and aspirations, as well as an image portfolio review. If desired, your workshop can involve an outing in the field, or can take place at your home (if located in the Seattle area), at my home, or online via Skype.
Please contact me to inquire about a private workshop. I look forward to hearing from you!
- 1 Participant: $600 per day or $300 per half day.*
- 2-4 Participants: $450 per day, per person, or $225 per half day, per person.*
- 5-8 Participants: $300 per day, per person, or $150 per half day, per person.*
- For workshops shorter than a half day, I also offer the same services at an hourly rate of $60 per hour (1 participant).*
*Plus expenses, where applicable.
For a private workshop, any combination of the following topics may be covered:
Photographic techniques and best practices
- Style and composition
- How to optimize your camera
- My theory on the gear I use and why
- Water photography – how to capture water imagery
- Night photography – how to capture the night sky
Business of photography
- Building your personal brand
- Image licensing – what you need to know
- Working with clients, brands, and magazines
- Utilizing social media to build your brand
Post processing and file management
- Editing in Lightroom and tips on processing your files.
- Image storage and management