WORKSHOP FIELD TRIPS
Join me for a hands-on workshop in the field, as we work together to advance your technical skill, expand your artistic vision, and progress forward as a professional photographer. Workshop field trips and tours involve a preliminary meeting (either in person or virtually) with Scott, leading up to a single-day or multi-day adventure in the field, including the destinations listed below.
In addition to the above workshop field trip options, I also offer one-on-one and small group private workshops, tailored to the particular needs and wants of the photographer or photographers in question. Each workshop involves an in-depth discussion of the photographer’s background, experience, and aspirations, as well as an image portfolio review. Your private workshop may take place in person (either in the field or in Seattle) or virtually via Skype or FaceTime.
Any combination of the following topics may be covered:
Photographic techniques and best practices
- Planning and pre-visualization
- Style and composition
- How to optimize your camera
- My theory on the gear I use and why
- Moving from automatic to manual shooting
- Tips and techniques on packing/carrying gear
- Specific areas: long exposure water photography or night (astro) photography, among other areas.
Business of photography
- Building your personal brand
- Image licensing – what you need to know
- Working with clients, brands, and magazines
- Utilizing social media to build your brand
Post processing and file management
- Editing in Lightroom and tips on processing your files.
- Image storage and management